The Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK) is a statutory body established under Section 3(1) of the Engineers Act, 2011. The Board is responsible for the registration of engineers and Engineering firms, regulation of engineering professional services, setting of standards, development, and the general practice of engineering.
One of the functions of the Board under the Engineers Act, 2011 section 7(1) (q) is to “Plan, arrange, coordinate and oversee continuing professional training and development and facilitate internship of graduate engineers.
The Engineers Board Of Kenya has developed Graduate Engineers Internship Program (GEIP) which is a structured internship program for graduate engineers that is designed to enable them to acquire requisite hands-on skills and prepare them for professional practice in their respective engineering fields. The program will run for 24 months and the interns will be trained under professional engineers who are registered by the Board.
Qualifications for the Graduate Engineers Internship Program
We are seeking to provide forty (40) Internship opportunities to those candidates in possession of the following
• A first degree in an engineering discipline from a recognized University
• Be a registered graduate engineer by EBK
• Certificate of Good Conduct
• Available for the entire duration of the Internship
The Engineers Board of Kenya is committed to diversity and gender equality and therefore encourages persons living with disabilities, women, and those from marginalized areas to apply.
1. The deadline for application is Friday 19th April 2019 at 5pm EAT.
2. The Board does not guarantee employment after completion of the Internship Program.
3. The Board DOES NOT charge any fee for this process.
4. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
5. If shortlisted, applicants will be expected to provide the following additional information: –
• A valid personal accident insurance cover
• A valid personal medical insurance cover by NHIF or any other reputable medical insurance firm
• Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
• Kenya Revenue Authority PIN Certificate
6. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
7. All applications MUST be submitted online via the procedure below.
• Log on to http://www.ebk.or.ke
• Click on the Career tab and under which, click on the Internship link
• Complete the application form, upload all required documents, and click Submit
In case of any challenge or issues, please send an email query to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or call
0722509972 or 0735330744.Click here to apply.