The call for applications for the Innovation Awards is now open. We invite individuals, organisations and groups all around the world to check the eligibility criteria and submit their applications before 20 September, 2021.
Please, carefully read the information below before submitting your application. If you have any questions, please send us an email at ICSW@civicus.org.
Who Can Apply
The Awards are open to any individual, organisation or group who meets the following eligibility criteria:
- You are 18 years or older by 1 September 2021.
- You are able to submit an application in English, French or Spanish.
- You are both a national and resident from the following regions: Asia, Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean, Pacific.
- You work with organisations, networks, movements or change-seeking communities at the local or national level. Both formally constituted and informal organisations or groups are eligible.
- You belong to the same community whose issues you are trying to address. (For example, if you work to increase youth participation in civil society, you must be a young person, or your organisation/group must be youth-led.)
- You have worked to build people power in your community for at least 2-years.
- For individual applicants: you belong to an organisation, network, movement or change-seeking community that would ultimately benefit from the Award.
- You are not/ have not received funding from CIVICUS in the past 2-years.
- Your work/ the proposed initiative relates directly to one of the following topics:
- Building and sustaining social justice movements
- Creating positive narratives for people power
- Democratising global governance systems and processes
- Enhancing diversity and inclusion through artivism
- Protecting and promoting digital civic space
- Resourcing youth-led groups and movements
- Sustaining people power through self- and community care
- You are currently implementing the proposed initiative.