SAWISE Scholarships for African Women in South Africa , and applications are submitted till 15th of November. The Association of South African Women in Science and Engineering (SAWISE) and the Hope Network is inviting applications for S A W I S E scholarship for sub-Saharan women applicants. Two scholarships are offered which includes: SAWISE Angus Scholarship and SAWISE Hope Scholarship for pursuing 4th year [e.g. BSc (Honors) or equivalent] of study at tertiary level. The scholarship is tenable at South African universities. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | South Africa
Level: Scholarships are available only for females and only for 4th year [e.g. BSc (Honours) or equivalent] of study at tertiary level
Field(s): science and engineering and medical field
Deadline: 15th of November.
Funded By: The Association of South African Women in Science and Engineering (SAWISE) and the Hope Network
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): this Scholarship is targeted for Sub-Saharan black female and South African female student.
‣ Award No: Two SAWISE scholarships are available for the students.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The duration of award is one year.
‣ Scholarship covers: The Value of the award is R10 000 p.a.
‣ Scholarships are available only for females and only for 4th year [e.g. BSc (Honours) or equivalent] of study at tertiary level.
‣ SAWISE Angus Scholarship -SAWISE Hope Scholarship
SAWISE Scholarships (SAWISE Angus Scholarship )
‣ A sub-Saharan black female.
‣ Must have achieved 70% or above grade average in her subject of study.
‣ Only for studies at Honours level (or 4th year equivalent e.g. in engineering).
‣ In any field of science and engineering.
SAWISE Hope Scholarship
‣ Female students entering their Honours degree/4th year of study with an academic average of over 65%, pursuing study in the areas of science and engineering (medical fields included).
‣ Candidates must exhibit outstanding personal qualities and a strong desire to make a contribution to their respective fields and to society at large.
‣ Candidates must be South African.
‣ Preference will be given to a candidate experiencing financial difficulty or distress.
‣ If applicants haven’t been contacted by SAWISE by 20 December, they have unfortunately not been successful in their application.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications should be send by post or by mail.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 30 November annually
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
For more Information about SAWISE Scholarships